To ensure your jewelry remains in pristine condition, please follow these care instructions for the metals, gemstones, and unique materials used within your piece of jewelry.
Astra & Co. recommends that you bring in your jewelry at least once a year for professional cleaning. When you are not wearing your piece of jewelry please store it in the box or pouch provided when purchased.
Gold & Platinum
Gold and platinum are naturally tarnish resistant, but can lose their luster over time. To maintain their shine, routinely wipe your jewelry with a very soft cloth.
1. To clean your jewelry, soak it in warm water with a little bit of diluted dish soap and use a soft-bristle baby toothbrush to remove any dirt.
2. After cleaning, ensure the items are thoroughly dry by patting them with paper towels.
Important: Please do not use any abrasive cleaners. Some at-home jewelry cleaners, steamers, or ultrasonic machines can also do more harm than good.
Diamonds & Gemstones
Crystalline gemstones such as amethyst, blue topaz, citrine, or peridot may attract oils and lotions, which can cause them to appear dull.
1. To clean your jewelry, soak it in a bowl of water with a small amount of mild dish soap.
2. If needed, remove dirt around and behind the stone using a soft-bristle baby toothbrush.
3. Place jewelry in a strainer and rinse before thoroughly drying with a lint-free cloth.
Important: For diamonds, rubies or sapphires set in gold or platinum, rinse the jewelry with a drop of ammonia added to water. Do NOT use ammonia on other gemstones or sterling silver since it can discolor and damage these materials.
If you are still unsure on what to do please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will happily help you.